Vegomässan i Malmö Sweden 7 dec

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Vegomässan i Malmö Sweden 7 dec

Postby mo! » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:47 pm

so....how did it go and who made it there in the end?!
mo!

Postby hakko » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:11 pm

I'm also curious! Did you have a good time? Who ate the most power balls? Who won the push-up contest, and by what? I'm kind of glad I missed that contest, it would have been embarrassing.
hakko

Postby ida » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Fredrikw, kallefs and myself ended up being the ones representing VF at the fair. The rest was caught in the storm.

The push-up contest was cancelled since we were too few to manage it and so was also the acro yoga performance and the planned kettlebell event. So it was us three with 400 flyers about VF, 2 carrot cakes, 200 protein balls, 1 computer in our new VF t-shirts. It was ok, but I think most people were not that impressed. Especially when the cakes and protein balls ran out. But kallefs new VF banners were looking amazing. :) And we talked about protein myths and other training related issues when being a sporty vegan, so I hope a few people will find the forum.

The fair was good. A bit less junk food than usual, but it was a very professional event and the number of visitors was the highest ever for the Vegomässan (2100 +).

Perhaps a rather boring report, but that is all I can manage at the moment. :)
there is always time for rowing
ida

Postby loveliberate » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:49 am

Pics please! :)
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby kallefs » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:30 pm

Here are some pictures, not taken by any of us. http://www.pintomagasin.se/vegomassan-l ... -vegosugna

Ida summed it up pretty good. I never managed to take any photos but this is my car 5 minutes after I parked at a gas station on my way to Malmö.. And that is snow on the license plate, not me blurring it :)

I got to the fair about ten minutes before it opened so was a bit stressed, managed to snap the blurriest, most crooked photo ever but at least you can see our new banners :)
And that was by the way our table. Next year we might want to step it up a notch in professionality :D

I will link if I find other photos, there were some photographers sneaking around so I assume there will be photos on blogs all around anytime soon.

Anyway, I think we got some people interested in the site, steered away a number of people from buying protein powder and just eat food instead and I talked to at least two meat eating MMA dudes who were interested in veganism because of the number of good vegan fighters. I, of course, screamed at them that it is not a diet it is an ethical choice and started throwing protein bars at them.

Finally it is always good to meet and hang with lots of vegans!
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby hakko » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Thanks for the reports! And nice banner, kallefs!
hakko

Postby mo! » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:23 pm

[quote="kallefs"]

so you drive a Volvo....

thats a bit of a cliche, now, isnt it?! :mrgreen:
mo!

Postby Linnéa76 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:25 pm

Good job you guys! Those banners should come in handy more times in the future Kalle, maybe we can do something at Vegovision in Göteborg?
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby JP » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:45 am

that banner looks awesome!!!
JP
Site Admin

Postby kallefs » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:58 am

[/quote]

thats a bit of a cliche, now, isnt it?! :mrgreen:[/quote]
I'm from gothenburg. We all get one when we turn 18 :)

(Btw it's my parents. Full of dead animals that you sit on and steer with.)

My plan was to get a better picture of the banners, there is a smaller one also, to show. Figured we could just send them around if anyone wants it on a show, fair or just running around town with it.
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby ida » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:48 am

More pics from the fair. In the beginning you have VF Veteran Erske who gave a talk on Vegan Child nutrition. http://vegomassan.org/2013/12/sa-minns- ... ssan-2013/
there is always time for rowing
ida

Postby mo! » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:35 pm

[quote="ida"]More pics from the fair. In the beginning you have VF Veteran Erske who gave a talk on Vegan Child nutrition. http://vegomassan.org/2013/12/sa-minns- ... ssan-2013/

Gosh, the pics made me sooo hungry :shock: ....Next year i really wanna come. Any chance it will be in summer time + Stockholm?!?! :mrgreen:
mo!

Postby ORLYLOL » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:54 pm

Wish I could have been there. Did you guys still make it out to Kao's?
"There is much that is difficult for the spirit, the strong, reverent spirit that would bear much: but the difficult and the most difficult are what its strength demands." - Nietzsche

"In all seriousness a beard will add 100 lbs. to your total instantly." - Brandon Lilly

http://veganforklift.blogspot.com/
ORLYLOL

Postby kallefs » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:16 pm

[quote="mo!"]Any chance it will be in summer time + Stockholm?!?! :mrgreen:

I would say that it is a very big chance. The fair has alternated between Malmö and Stockholm and last time it was in Stockholm was in the spring/summer.

Only problem was that is was about two degrees and the rain was pouring down all weekend. The guys standing outside grilling burgers did not look that comfy :)

[quote="ORLYLOL"]Wish I could have been there. Did you guys still make it out to Kao's?

Yup, we made it there and managed to get a bit disappointed with the food and the fact that it took around 40-50 minutes to get it. We were also very tired at that point so probably not the best time to wait for food.

[quote="ida"]More pics from the fair. In the beginning you have VF Veteran Erske who gave a talk on Vegan Child nutrition. http://vegomassan.org/2013/12/sa-minns- ... ssan-2013/

How could I have missed that chocolate cake!?
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby ORLYLOL » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:23 pm

[quote="kallefs"]

[quote="ORLYLOL"]Wish I could have been there. Did you guys still make it out to Kao's?

Yup, we made it there and managed to get a bit disappointed with the food and the fact that it took around 40-50 minutes to get it. We were also very tired at that point so probably not the best time to wait for food.

That's disappointing. I've only been there once, but we had a great service and the food was great. The desserts were even better!
"There is much that is difficult for the spirit, the strong, reverent spirit that would bear much: but the difficult and the most difficult are what its strength demands." - Nietzsche

"In all seriousness a beard will add 100 lbs. to your total instantly." - Brandon Lilly

http://veganforklift.blogspot.com/
ORLYLOL

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan activism and events