Vegomässan i Malmö Sweden 7 dec

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Vegomässan i Malmö Sweden 7 dec

Postby hoffmeister » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:54 am

Vegomässan is the biggest vegan fair in Sweden and this year it is in Malmö. Any Germans coming? Should we do some kind of strenght stuff?

http://translate.google.se/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fvegomassan.org%2F&act=url
this is Sparta
hoffmeister
Reluctant Moderator

Re: Vegomässan i Malmö Sweden 7 dec

Postby mo! » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:35 pm

if you do a strength thing, i would think about coming ;) ...just checked out the travel-connection. Would be possible.
mo!

Postby ida » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:23 pm

I will most likely be there. Don't know how much about lifting I can contribute with, but I can help out with whatever is needed. :)
there is always time for rowing
ida

Postby XindestructibleX » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:15 pm

That's nice, mo! and ida!
INDESTRUCTIBLE
XindestructibleX

Postby ORLYLOL » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Wish I could be there. Malmö is one of my favorite places!
"There is much that is difficult for the spirit, the strong, reverent spirit that would bear much: but the difficult and the most difficult are what its strength demands." - Nietzsche

"In all seriousness a beard will add 100 lbs. to your total instantly." - Brandon Lilly

http://veganforklift.blogspot.com/
ORLYLOL

Postby loveliberate » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:22 am

Agreed - and I haven't even been there yet! ;)
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby mo! » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:11 am

Would combine it with a Copenhagen trip ;) ...Didnt know there was anything in Malmö. ;) Is there?
When do you guys know if anything strengthish is gonna happen?
mo!

Postby ida » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:48 am

I would say that Malmö is the falafel capital of Scandinavia (even though last time a VF crew were in Malmö for Vegomässan, no falafels were indeed eaten, since there was so much other vegan delights to be enjoyed. remember a dinner conversation ending in "euuu" and "eeeh" sounds since some people were so full of food that no actual conversation could take place. However, I mention no names of those individuals).

Copenhagen is not really a hotspot if you are a vegan, but luckily it is very close by to Malmö (where every hotdog stand has vegan options and there are so many vegan pizzerias and other vegan restaurants, and a food store, and don't forget about those 2€ giant falafels...) so you can eat in Malmö and then go sightseeing in Copenhagen. Just take the train over the bridge :) I don't care so much for the Malmö/Copenhagen December weather (+2°C and rain), but I guess it comes pretty close to the north-German equivalent... :lol:
ida

Postby JP » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:36 am

hey i remember that conversation :D
JP
Site Admin

Postby mo! » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:23 am

i was gonna go for sightseeing stuff to Copenhagen. But hearing that Malmö is that AWESOME....i guess i should spend more time over there 8) . So...It sounds pretty tempting to come anyways :lol: ...I do have a thing for you Swedes ;) ....and about the weather: Im from Hamburg, shitty weather is my second forename ;)....
mo!

Postby kallefs » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:48 pm

Will probably maybe attend, will definitely not lift.
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby mo! » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:59 am

so, any news here?!
mo!

Postby hoffmeister » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:15 pm

Yes, I've booked a space for us. We're not sure if we can do anything else, I think it would help if we could get some strong people to attend.

Any ideas on what to do there?
this is Sparta
hoffmeister
Reluctant Moderator

Postby Linnéa76 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:02 pm

[quote="hoffmeister"]Yes, I've booked a space for us. We're not sure if we can do anything else, I think it would help if we could get some strong people to attend.

Any ideas on what to do there?

If someone is willing and able to bring about half a tonne of weights there I think we can get the strong people to come!
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby ida » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Great that it is booked!

I think we need to think about administration of things as well. If not someone in Malmö or close by have weights to bring to the fair, I don't believe bringing half a ton of weights from Stockholm or Gothenburg is a viable option.

I suggest some kind of physical challenge is a good option. With a leader board and what not. So that people can challenge each other.

How about a kb challenge? That is easier to bring I guess than weights. Or we borrow the idea of an rowing machine challenge (500 meters/250 meters) that was done by Baldy & co in the UK last year? Or something body weight/easy packing. Plank challenge?

Also, if we could print some posters or something from VF Week(s) to show some of the activities that we are doing. Could be something really easy - A3/A2 sized photos of people doing activities with texts like "Vegan Fitness Adventure South Africa 2012" and "Vegan Fitness Week Austria 2011". And there could be the different sections on display, maybe a short presentation of the forum that people can bring with them? A folder that highlights different sub forums - running, weights, cycling, yoga/pilates, the travel and recipe sections and the training logs of course to show that there is something for everyone. I know that most of what happens here is web based, but it doesn't really work presentation-wise in fairs. People need flyers and posters and things to bring with them. We have had computers and tried to show the forum like that before and it has not really worked. There are also rather cheep banner options these days (Banderollkungen makes cheep banners for instance) that could be hanged on the wall. Or a beach flag. But that is more expensive (but not depending on a wall).
ida

Next

Return to Vegan activism and events