London Meetup Wednesday 28th 7PM Loving Hut, Archway

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: London Meetup Wednesday 28th 7PM Loving Hut, Archway

Postby tal » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Agree with both of above.

Additional clothing is bulky, and makes it harder to find the right veins for 'vitamin' injections.
tal

Postby HumanGazelle » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:14 pm

Good to meet you skoptic, and nice to see everyone else again. I have to say, it's not the first time a conversation has kicked off about my beard, before I've even sat down.

So, us runners did indeed learn a lot last night. From what I understood about the various different types of Bodybuilding:
you have Weightlifting which is not a competitive sport, but I guess more of a fun, keep-fit kind of thing, then amongst the more 'sporty' types of lifting things up and then putting them down, you have Strongman which is where you try and pick up things that aren't actually weights, you have Olympic which is all about choosing the right shoes to match your leotard, and Powerlifting which is all about the three different types of movement - back arching, sitting down, and lying down (so it sounds a bit like yoga really, just with hard rock music instead of ambient dolphin noise).
HumanGazelle

Postby kallefs » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:07 pm

[quote="HumanGazelle"]Powerlifting which is all about the three different types of movement - back arching, sitting down, and lying down (so it sounds a bit like yoga really, just with hard rock music instead of ambient dolphin noise).

HA HA HA HA HA
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby skoptic » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:28 pm

[quote="HumanGazelle"]From what I understood about the various different types of Bodybuilding:
you have Weightlifting which is not a competitive sport, but I guess more of a fun, keep-fit kind of thing, then amongst the more 'sporty' types of lifting things up and then putting them down, you have Strongman which is where you try and pick up things that aren't actually weights, you have Olympic which is all about choosing the right shoes to match your leotard, and Powerlifting which is all about the three different types of movement - back arching, sitting down, and lying down (so it sounds a bit like yoga really, just with hard rock music instead of ambient dolphin noise).

Good work fella.. I am enlightened!
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby baldy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:17 pm

I wrote a really long post and then decided to not post it.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:49 pm

Loving hut gave us a brochure from there fake meat supplier and they deliver!
http://www.veggie-world.com/OnlineShop/Frozen?woIx0c
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby skoptic » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:16 pm

I might go collect sometime.. maybe if anyone is up for another london mockmeatmarathon .. I could do a mass pickup before :) (although maybe not a good idea with frozen food?)
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Previous

Return to Vegan activism and events