London Vegan Drinks Thursday January 19, 2012

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

London Vegan Drinks Thursday January 19, 2012

Postby baldy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:16 am

This looks like a cool event -> http://fatgayvegan.com/london-vegan-drinks/
Apparently last month there was over 100 people there. Would be great if we can get together a Vegan Fitness crew to represent!

Where is Vegan Drinks? London Vegan Drinks takes place at tibits in Mayfair, Central London. The restaurant/bar is just off Regent Street. Originating in New York City, Vegan Drinks has now become a global event.

What is Vegan Drinks? London Vegan Drinks is a monthly bar night for vegans and vegan-friendly people. The bar is stocked with vegan beer, vegan wine, vegan cocktails, vegan cider and more! All you need to do is show up on the night, buy some drinks and hang out. Simple.

How much does it cost? Entry to London Vegan Drinks is free. You just pay for the drinks you want to consume and the food you want to eat.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Re: London Vegan Drinks Thursday January 19, 2012

Postby Lordmuppet » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:53 pm

baldy wrote:This looks like a cool event -> http://fatgayvegan.com/london-vegan-drinks/
Apparently last month there was over 100 people there. Would be great if we can get together a Vegan Fitness crew to represent!

Where is Vegan Drinks? London Vegan Drinks takes place at tibits in Mayfair, Central London. The restaurant/bar is just off Regent Street. Originating in New York City, Vegan Drinks has now become a global event.

What is Vegan Drinks? London Vegan Drinks is a monthly bar night for vegans and vegan-friendly people. The bar is stocked with vegan beer, vegan wine, vegan cocktails, vegan cider and more! All you need to do is show up on the night, buy some drinks and hang out. Simple.

How much does it cost? Entry to London Vegan Drinks is free. You just pay for the drinks you want to consume and the food you want to eat.

this does seem very cool. Wish I lived in London :cry:
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby baldy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Lordmuppet wrote:this does seem very cool. Wish I lived in London :cry:

I have a spare room if anyone wants to come down and crash for the night.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:30 am

QFT!
Hiking Fox wrote:The London one really works because having it in a place that sells booze keeps away the hippies who like talking about colonic irrigation, homeopathy and stuff like that.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby HumanGazelle » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:26 pm

I'm going too - see you there Baldy. :)

Anyone else making an appearance?

I went to the last one and there were definitely one or two of the aforementioned hippies and flakes. But in a room of 100-ish people eating, drinking and looking good, the yoghurt-knitters didn't count for anything. Sean, the organiser, estimated about 50% of those attending were vegans and the rest were friends of vegans; so the gene pool was actually pretty diverse.
HumanGazelle

Postby Talyn » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:35 am

I will be going!
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby muchluv » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:01 pm

Planning to!
Although the effeminate nature of my username may suggest otherwise, my gender actually falls into the male category.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby muchluv » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:55 pm

Do they have a coat room LOL

Any info we should know?
Although the effeminate nature of my username may suggest otherwise, my gender actually falls into the male category.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby baldy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:42 pm

muchluv wrote:Do they have a coat room LOL

Any info we should know?

I will be coming from work, so also banking on a coat room for my bag. Should be fine, else we can just put our stuff on a pile. Most importantly what is everyone wearing?
baldy
Site Admin

Postby muchluv » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:26 pm

baldy wrote:
muchluv wrote:Do they have a coat room LOL

Any info we should know?

I will be coming from work, so also banking on a coat room for my bag. Should be fine, else we can just put our stuff on a pile. Most importantly what is everyone wearing?

It's a restaurant though. Hmm. Well I hope they do, walking around with a coat on would be so lame and look so lame.

We are on the same wavelength it seems. Tried to work out the dress style. Seems like quite a smart place. Shirt and dark blue jeans, white trainers :(. Don't have any decent shoes, nevermind. What about you?
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby HumanGazelle » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Although it's a restaurant, it's more of a bar vibe. No cloakroom as far as I can remember, but plenty of space to dump a coat and bag. I wouldn't worry too much about dress code - there will be all levels of smartness.

baldy wrote:Most importantly what is everyone wearing?

FWIW I will be sporting what's been described as a Big Fuck-Off Beard.
HumanGazelle

Postby muchluv » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:32 pm

HumanGazelle wrote:Although it's a restaurant, it's more of a bar vibe. No cloakroom as far as I can remember, but plenty of space to dump a coat and bag. I wouldn't worry too much about dress code - there will be all levels of smartness.

baldy wrote:Most importantly what is everyone wearing?

FWIW I will be sporting what's been described as a Big Fuck-Off Beard.

Yeh I did think it would be more of a bar vibe. Thanks for the info!

Realised the shirt thing won't happen, need to be warmer.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby Talyn » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:24 pm

I have to bail on this. Sorry guys. I have too much crap going on at the moment with trying to find get a new job, and trying to find a new house.

If there is one on next month hopefully I will have stuff organised by then.
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby baldy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:56 am

BUMP!
Drinks tomorrow?
baldy
Site Admin

Postby HumanGazelle » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:48 am

I can't make it to this either, now. Too snowed under with a lot of things in and out of work.

Have a good time if you're going. Definitely looking forward to making the next one.
HumanGazelle

Next

Return to Vegan activism and events