International Vegan Festival, Andalucia, Southern Spain

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

International Vegan Festival, Andalucia, Southern Spain

Postby Superflor » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:11 pm

http://www.ivu.org/veganfest/2011/

Who's going? Who wants to share a room with me?
Superflor

Re: International Vegan Festival, Andalucia, Southern Spain

Postby haisuli » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Looking interesting! It's just really too early to say if it's possible to take some holidays on that time. And some money is needed too..
haisuli

Postby Superflor » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Ah well, see how you go. Organiser's just putting the programme together at the moment. I was at the hotel for the Spanish Vegetarian congress a few years back and the place is nice- right on the sea front.
Superflor

Postby XkillerX » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:10 am

[quote="Superflor"]http://www.ivu.org/veganfest/2011/

Who's going? Who wants to share a room with me?

Super interested in this, but have to see how my finances will fare! How much money are we talking about (except for planetickets etc)

For those not speaking a word of Spanish (such as myself), may I wholeheartedly recommend a visit, if for nothing else, the nature itself, the sun, the sea, the caves of Nerja and the donkey sanctuary close to it!

Runner are you up for this? Sonic?

Come on folks let's get a move on, we can even turn this into a mini veganfAtness week! :o

(ehrm... fitness... damnit... fitness :roll: )
Activists are the engineers of the soul. That's why governments lock them up.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby dublin dave » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:28 pm

Sound like a great idea...I'll definitely be needing a break in June and I'd like to work on my Spanish...lets get a vf mob together and do some lifting... 8)
dublin dave

Postby JP » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:41 pm

hey could give some kind of veganfitness strength training bullshit talk! That would fit in with all the hippy stuff.
JP
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:36 pm

I cant get any leave, but could make a long weekend. Fly in Thursday night or Friday morning back home on Sunday.
Anyone ready to commit? Just checked and no cheap flights available yet.

Spain is awesome all those olives, gazpacho and sun.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Superflor » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:26 pm

YAY!!! come on!! It'll be cool.

[quote="XkillerX"]Super interested in this, but have to see how my finances will fare! How much money are we talking about (except for planetickets etc)

I'll copy the blurb from the page.

"For reservations until the 15th of December 2010, for an 8 night stay at the hotel with full board from Saturday 4th until departure on Sunday 12th June 2011, the total cost per person in a double room - including registration and a local tour to the Treasure Cave/"Cueva del Tesoro" located in Rincón de la Victoria - is 480 Euros, a triple room 450 Euros, and a single room 550 Euros. For shorter or longer bookings or earlier arrivals and/or later departures, before the 4th and after the 12th of June, please let me know soon your date of arrival and departure to calculate the cost and reserve the room for the period of your stay.

Please send your details to: ave@ivu.org
Children younger than 12, accompanied by two adults, stay free, and a second child or one accompanied by one adult, pay only 50%. Participants not staying at the hotel can pay a registration fee of 75 Euros for the whole week or 10 Euros per day, and can also reserve and pay for any meals @ 10 Euros for each lunch or dinner."

I just spoke to the organiser and what he's donne is extended the early bird payment cut off til 31st December. Thereafter, it will go up €30 until 15th March when it will go up another €30

[quote="XkillerX"]For those not speaking a word of Spanish (such as myself), may I wholeheartedly recommend a visit, if for nothing else, the nature itself, the sun, the sea, the caves of Nerja and the donkey sanctuary close to it!

Yep yep yep. With it being an International event there will be English spoken and Francisco, the organiser's said as many talks as possible will be bilingual. If it's the donkey sanctuary I'm thinking of (where I have often visited to offer Reiki to the lovely beasties) it's about an hour away by car in Antequerra: http://www.elrefugiodelburrito.com/en -also beautiful for Pink Flamingo spotting on the lake there.

[quote="Superflor"]
Come on folks let's get a move on, we can even turn this into a mini veganfAtness week! :o

(ehrm... fitness... damnit... fitness :roll: )

Yes, PLEASE!! I missed VFW cos I was busy bopping about at Notting Hill Carnival. I rang the hotel and there is a gym which will be free entry for guests and there are other gyms in Rincón but dunno if they do day passes. If there's interest I can find out.

[quote="JP"]hey could give some kind of veganfitness strength training bullshit talk! That would fit in with all the hippy stuff.

I spoke to Francisco about talks and he is very interested. Please anyone who would like to offer a talk contact him at ave@ivu.org (bear in mind it may be me translating your talk so go easy on the jargon!!)
Superflor

Postby Superflor » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Also there's gonna be Yoga on the beach :)
Superflor

Postby dublin dave » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:27 pm

Accomodation looks a bit too expensive for me...but I'm looking into staying at a Youth Hostel instead...
dublin dave

Postby Superflor » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:42 pm

I know there's a youth hostel in Málaga (a bit out of town) and no doubt there are cheaper hotels and hostals round about. Sometimes the hotels can be similar prices to the hostals and better standard so shop around.

My place will be vacant which could theoretically sleep 3 couples (got a double bed and 2 sofa beds) but it's 40 k away from the venue and you'd need a car to connect with the nearest town cos I'm half way up a mountain (although that could form some training opportunities and I'm right by a hiking trail with option of cable car back down again).

I was gonna be popping back to play with my cat (she'd have dry food feeders and a water feeder but I'd feel better if she also had friendly people to play with,
Superflor

Postby mabli » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:02 pm

[quote="dublin dave"]Sound like a great idea...I'll definitely be needing a break in June and I'd like to work on my Spanish...lets get a vf mob together and do some lifting... 8)

hey, I thought you were doing vegan 15 peaks with us all on 4th June? :)
mabli

Postby Superflor » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:30 pm

Just to clarify, the prices are PER PERSON per room so a double would be €480 EACH (and not €240 each).
Superflor

Postby bob_summers » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:46 am

I can't take time off in june but it'd be crazy not to go. Thinking of a long weekend, we'll see. ..
"No se deja de pedalear cuando se envejece.
Se envejece cuando se deja de pedalear"
bob_summers

Postby dublin dave » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:33 pm

[quote="mabli"][quote="dublin dave"]Sound like a great idea...I'll definitely be needing a break in June and I'd like to work on my Spanish...lets get a vf mob together and do some lifting... 8)

hey, I thought you were doing vegan 15 peaks with us all on 4th June? :)

Doh!!! I had forgotten...mind you, January onwards is going to be all about bulking, so I may be a lardy bastard and unable to walk 50km by then...
dublin dave

Next

Return to Vegan activism and events