Vegan Options At Subway

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Vegan Options At Subway

Postby beforewisdom » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:19 pm

Want vegan options at Subway sandwich shops? Let them know by leaving a comment at Compassion Over Killing's site "We Love Subway":

http://www.welovesubway.com/
beforewisdom

Re: Vegan Options At Subway

Postby beforewisdom » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Compassion Over Killing has just announced that they have had some success with their campaign to persuade Subway to begin offering vegan options.

A limited number of their restaurants in Canada, Maryland, Washington D.C. and Virginia will be experimenting with offering vegan some vegan sandwiches:

http://tinyurl.com/coksuccesssubway

[quote="beforewisdom"]Want vegan options at Subway sandwich shops? Let them know by leaving a comment at Compassion Over Killing's site "We Love Subway":

http://www.welovesubway.com/
beforewisdom

Postby baldy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:33 pm

[quote]Starting this week, several Subway Cafés in Maryland, DC, and Virginia are featuring three new all-vegan savory sandwiches:

Sweet Riblet ♦ Malibu Greek ♦ Italian Black Bean

Sounds tasty, hope this gets rolled out worldwide.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby beforewisdom » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:38 pm

[quote="baldy"][quote]Starting this week, several Subway Cafés in Maryland, DC, and Virginia are featuring three new all-vegan savory sandwiches:

Sweet Riblet ♦ Malibu Greek ♦ Italian Black Bean

Sounds tasty, hope this gets rolled out worldwide.

I think there is a good chance of that. Historically, cool stuff like this happens in Europe first and never happens in the U.S.. If it can happen at US branches -- a harder sell, than seeing this in the UK and Europe is likely.
beforewisdom

Postby xrodolfox » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:01 pm

awesome! It's nice to have options on the road.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby vegimator » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:43 pm

Excellent. I hope it's a big hit in DC and spreads nationwide.
vegimator

Postby Raynak » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Yum, those look good.
I was gonna say 'I wish we had Subway here where I live', but I checked their website and it turns out there's actually a Subway really nearby, where I shop quite often :)
I'll check it soon and hopefully they have anything vegan there.
Raynak

Postby Prime » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:08 pm

You can't even get a vegan salad sandwich in Australia because the bread is not vegan here.
Prime

Postby TarekF » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:22 am

I would love it if Subways in america would do this, ive found it to be the most reliable food for the travelling cause they are everywhere

That italian black bean one looks mighty tasty :)
"The best climber in the world is the one having the most fun"
Alex Lowe
TarekF

Postby tal » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:48 am

Hey this is excellent - you've been wanting that for ages, great work. You need to change your signature now!

I've not eaten subway since I went vegan, but it would be handy if they had vegan options because they have stores everywhere.
tal

Postby beforewisdom » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:46 pm

[quote="Talyn"]Hey this is excellent - you've been wanting that for ages, great work. You need to change your signature now!.

Subway is a chain of franchises, it is up to each owner to decide what they want to do. A few owners are *experimenting* by offering these sandwiches. I'll take my signature down when the new options are standard corporate wide :).

I will say the Subway where I tried the vegan riblet was also progressive in having baby spinach to offer as well as two kinds of iced tea, one of them unsweetened.
beforewisdom

Postby Fallen_Horse » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:33 pm

[quote="beforewisdom"]
I will say the Subway where I tried the vegan riblet was also progressive in having baby spinach to offer as well as two kinds of iced tea, one of them unsweetened.

Most of the Subway's here have spinach and two kinds of tea. I'm in Bakersfield, CA. There is certainly no vegan meat option though. :(
Lovin' it!
Fallen_Horse

Return to Vegan activism and events