West Midlands Vegan Festival

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: West Midlands Vegan Festival

Postby philthy builder » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:46 am

I will be there,helping to set up,clear up and leafleting in the streets.Several people refused to take a leaflet from me last year cos they thought i was from the BNP !
But I got a few punters from the Mac donalds up the road to come and try a veggie burger instead.
If you see a guy with a shaved head and tash,looking a bit like a bnp agitator or a village person ,come and say hi!
philthy builder

Postby Pete » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:15 pm

I got a late request from Kevin. There will now be a push-up contest at 4pm & I'll be doing a talk at 1PM (which will not be your usual "Where do you get your protein from" type of thing, but some practical stuff you can try out right there). We have got a sponsor for the contest, so we'll be getting some goodies from http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/ as well as many other prizes,so you might want to check them out. Pat Reeves world champion powerlifter will also be giving a talk at 3pm I believe as well (& she's judging the contest as well).
See you all there.
Pete
http://www.veganbodybuilding.org
[url=http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/veganbodybuilding/]Vegan Bodybuilding List[/url]
[url=http://veganbodybuilding.blogspot.com/]Vegan Bodybuilding Blog[/url]
[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/23353662623/]Vegan Bodybuilding Facebook[/url]
Pete

Postby thestoatyone » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:28 pm

Just found out this is half term week for my Saturday course, so I can make this, yay!
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

[quote="muchluv"]When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Postby mabli » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:50 am

Im helping out with the questionnaire and selling raffle tickets so say "hello" to me :)

that's if I can find the place, dont think Ive ever been to wolverhampton
mabli

Postby thestoatyone » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:47 pm

[quote="mabli"]Im helping out with the questionnaire and selling raffle tickets so say "hello" to me :)

that's if I can find the place, dont think Ive ever been to wolverhampton

There ain't many reasons to go, true. Shrewsbury, then down the M54, easy...
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

[quote="muchluv"]When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Postby mabli » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:19 am

I just need to find the hall from the station, should be doable as long as I dont get blinded by the glamour of the big city lights...
mabli

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:15 pm

I'm looking forward to the 'Cadbury style' cream eggs ! :D
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

Postby Catt Queen » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:26 pm

Have a great time everyone. I've been looking forward to it for months but now am unable to go... :( :( :(
Catt Queen

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:29 pm

I'll eat all the food you were going to eat, and then tell you about it. It'll be almost as good as being there ! :wink:
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

Postby Catt Queen » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:59 pm

[quote="JohnBarleycorn"]I'll eat all the food you were going to eat, and then tell you about it. It'll be almost as good as being there ! :wink:

Shame you can't get me some of that ice cream and post it!!
Catt Queen

Postby E-P » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:58 am

Why did I not go here although I was first thinking :cry: First I was going but then it just ended up staying in a level of a thought. Have fun all and philty builder good with the recruitment from McDonalds :lol:
E-P

Postby mabli » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:21 am

Well I had a lovely time harrassing folk to buy raffle tickets and fill in the questionnaire... most folk assumed I was a new vegan which is weird, goes back to that old question "what does a vegan look like" and obviously not me!!! although I think Ive been vegan 25 years this October
mabli

Postby Starling in a cage » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:18 am

[quote="mabli"]Well I had a lovely time harrassing folk to buy raffle tickets and fill in the questionnaire... most folk assumed I was a new vegan which is weird, goes back to that old question "what does a vegan look like" and obviously not me!!! although I think Ive been vegan 25 years this October

I had a look for you, but didn't recognize you without your camping stuff and a mountain in the background. :roll:
Life is a journey, not a destination ...
Always take the scenic route.
Starling in a cage

Postby ned » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:42 pm

Popped along for a few hours and mainly sat about in balcony bar 1 - some weirdo had people rolling on tennis balls :P Picked up some chcocolate cake (and a couple of other bits and bobs) and then felt bad about eating it after listening to pat reeves :( I managed to finish the second piece this evening though :D
ned

Postby mabli » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:48 pm

[quote="Starling in a cage"]
I had a look for you, but didn't recognize you without your camping stuff and a mountain in the background. :roll:

Hey, I didnt know you were going... wouldnt you recognise me if you met me again?? I think I probably look the same with wolverhampton in the background as I do with a tent or a mountain :lol:
mabli

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan activism and events