VF sauna weekend in St. Petersburg

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby Pekka » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:12 am

I'll reserve that weekend for now...

We could have a kick-off meeting in Helsinki, from the participants would take the same train (or the new ferry connection?) to St. Petersburg?
Pekka

Postby Kati » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:42 pm

yes, we need to decide if we will go on Friday or already on Thursday. We will come back on Sunday in either case. (I will anyway). And how?

A bus (a crappy busride taking Finnish tourists to St.P) is the cheaper option. But in case we'll go on Friday I think it will take too much time from the whole trip. Train would be much nicer and faster also. And I think maybe 20 euros more expensive.

I prefer going by train on Friday. But that's up to everybody. Ferry I have to say I didnt even think about.

The about 200 e price includes hotel. But if people wan to stay somewhere else, any suggestions are good. (I'm just not sure I will arrange something else but the easy option, but if someone wants to, is welcome to arrange something different of course).

Any opinions?

I think there's about (or little less than)10 people who've said that these dates would work. And some people who've been interested but not said yet they'd be (or aren't) able to come.
When I had nothing to loose I had everything, when I stopped being who I am I found myself.
Kati

Postby Pekka » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:02 am

No buses nor coach surfing for me; it's either a train or a ferry, combined with some decent hotel.
Pekka

Postby Kati » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:17 am

^
Fine by me. And it is always possible for different people to use different ways of getting there if necessary.
I'd prefer train, the boat isn't that environmentally friendly and train is good option.
When I had nothing to loose I had everything, when I stopped being who I am I found myself.
Kati

Postby Kati » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:36 pm

Some people have been asking me if this is only a drinking trip. But no, we'll be doing sports. (And sauna of course) Mainly gym stuff I would think, but I don't yet know if the Russians will get some other ideas and what all is possible.
Also if there's something someones wants, let me know.
But really anyone can join, whatever wishes, I'm sure there'll be things for all. For those who have specifically asked for drinking, there is also vodka, but not only.

Now there's 20-30 people who've said they consider going. About ten who've said they come for sure.

More info soon.
Kati

Postby Kati » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:20 am

More info.

The trip will cost max. 224 euros (should be 214 e) from Finland to St. petersburg including train, 2 nights accomodation in Hotel moscow + visa.

The train will be leaving from Helsinki on friday morning 7.23 and will be in St.P 2.15 pm. Alternatively it is possible to take a train on Friday at 3.23 pm.
Back from Russia on Sunday at 4.34 pm and arrive in helsinki 9.58 pm.
Alternatively you can leave from St.P already at 7.17 am and reach Helsinki at 12.35.

I will be able to arrange a visa at least for Finnish and Swedish people, but for example English ones would need to get the visa from England.
Kati

Sounds good!

Postby krisu » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:55 am

I would definitely prefer the first train on Fri and the last one in Sun. That would give as a lot more time to be there.
I would also prefer sightseeing, since I've never been there. Meeting the locals is awesome!
I'm so looking forward to this!
krisu

Postby Kati » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:26 am

most of us would use those trains but in case someone is more in hurry there's also those other options.
I think you would be able to attend the travel agency's sightseeing trip also, if you want. For free.
Otherwise it is also very easy to go by metro to different sights and would be a nicer experience that way.
Kati

Postby dublin dave » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:17 pm

I'm still interested...currently investigating a visa and travel to Helsinki...
dublin dave

Postby Kati » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:07 pm

Perfect!
Let me know if you need any help with anything.
Kati

Postby Kati » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:20 pm

HI again!
I'm going to make reservations next Monday. So please let me know by end of this week if you'll be joining and you want me to make a reservation for you.
It should be possible to decide later too, but after next week I'll be out of country until about end of October and I can't promise anything.

Ciao, see you in Pietari, I hope!
Kati

Postby dublin dave » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:14 pm

Unfortunately the current credit crisis means that I will be unable to afford this trip... :(

Hope you guys have lots of fun...
dublin dave

Postby Kati » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:39 pm

Trip postponed. Sorry about that.
Kati

Previous

Return to Vegan activism and events