Hello everyone.

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Hello everyone.

Postby treus71 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:30 pm

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tim. I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
My reasons for adopting a vegan lifestyle are 50% health and 50% ethical. This is very new to me. I made the decision about a month ago.
My primary fitness focus is functional strength training. Some of the types of equipment I like to use include kettle bells, battle ropes, Vipr, steel clubs, steel mace, sandbags and suspension trainers like the TRX. I want to buy a sled and plates. I don't have anywhere to store them right now.

I do have a couple of questions. Since my focus is on strength training, how should I be eating differently than someone training for a triathlon for example?
My second question is are there any books and/or DVDs that can educate me about how I should be eating to support my strength training?

Thank you,
Tim
treus71

Re: Hello everyone.

Postby Linnéa76 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:34 am

Welcome Tim! As you've noticed, there's not a lot of active discussions on the forum nowadays.
Hopefully you'll find VF useful as a library, there should be lots of info and inspiration in the strength sports section for instance.
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby Jenny123 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:00 am

Hey Tim, how are you? I am also new at this forum i hope we all could contribute in the betterment of this forum
Jenny123

Postby loveliberate » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:34 pm

Hello, welcome and sorry for this delayed reply. :-)
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Return to New member introductions