Hi-I'm back

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Hi-I'm back

Postby Asleep on a sunbeam » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:00 pm

Hey, I don't know if I'll be a regular here or not again at the moment, but I'm out of shape (both emotionally and physically) and one of the things I'm currently doing is trying to get back into shape.

For those who don't know me, or don't remember me:
I enjoy philosophy, debates, music (indie-pop/twee stuff for the most part), good food (what vegan doesn't?), competitive games (if anyone wants to play me at chess and show me how bad I've become for not practicing, pm me ;) ), sci-fi, detective shows etc.

My aims whilst here are to:
Feel better (so far, most days I'm in a better and better mood, this is since starting therapy and exercise :D ).
Feel able to outrun most people stupid enough to think I'm worth mugging (a recent run to the train-station that's 7 minutes walk showed me how quickly I get out of breathe now!).
Feel ready to get into martial arts again, if an appropriate club is near me (I may be moving location soon).
And to continue to put weight on, or at least maintain my current weight (I'm naturally very skinny, but I have put weight on recently so that's great :D ).
Specially to have bigger thighs!
Oh and by no means least: strengthen my knees so that they have better movement again (I've always had an issue with my knees, and I put it down to strength issues in the muscles around the knees).

I have a cross trainer, an exercise mat, and 2 6KG kettle bells (which I'm not yet using due to how terribly weak I have become).

How's everyone else doing ? :)
BOOYAH!
Asleep on a sunbeam

Re: Hi-I'm back

Postby Asleep on a sunbeam » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Oh and I live near London now, whilst I won't be able to afford gym membership, if we do move back to London, or if anyone lives near stanstead airport and ever wants to meet up/help me with my posture when working out, please do :D
BOOYAH!
Asleep on a sunbeam

Postby sergio » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:09 pm

welcome back to the forum! :)
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Postby onyourmark » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:34 pm

welcome back and hello as i am new :)
onyourmark

Postby loveliberate » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:57 am

Hello, Welcome back & my apologies for this delayed reply! :D
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Return to New member introductions