A cheery 'hullo'!

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

A cheery 'hullo'!

Postby thegnarlycenturion » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:47 pm

Hello! A new member here, and almost 5 months a vegan! I decided to join this community because it has been useful reading some of the discussions and everyone seems to be keen to positively contribute what they've learned :D

Some basic info: veggie since birth, half-Italian (stereotypes aside, this has left me with a deep pleasure for cooking and eating good food!), very active. Main sport is cycling (Road: TT, Race, Marathon, Self supported touring. MTB: DH, XC, DJ, bikepacking.) I also regularly boulder, do various forms of dancing, recently rollerskating, gymnastics, conservation, and most other sports/out door adventures on an ad hoc basis! :roll: That aside, I'm currently at the University of Sheffield.

Why vegan? I felt my diet was lacking, especially as volume/intensity of activity increased; and for me it has always been a goal, so just went for it!

So far, it has been awesome! Cooked many a delicious meal, and feeling much 'cleaner' (?) for it. I have run into a few problems which you'll undoubtedly hear about in the forums. But in the meantime, ciao!
thegnarlycenturion

Re: A cheery 'hullo'!

Postby loveliberate » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:20 am

Hullo & Welcome! :)
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby Linnéa76 » Mon May 11, 2015 5:56 am

Welcome! Nice mix of acivities there. :)
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby soniczip » Wed May 13, 2015 9:36 am

Hello and welcome to your English side, ma anche alla parte italiana! :-)
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Return to New member introductions