Logic

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Logic

Postby Logic » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:45 am

Hey there, :)

I'm 24, did 17 years of triathlon and loved especially long distances. I switched now to muay thai and running (which is a part of triathlon I will never give up), I am vegan for a few months now, so far so good.

What is currently of concern for me is:
-finding out which weight is ideal for my height (192 cm) in relation to muay thai
-getting up my current weight of 81 kg up to ~84 until July 2014
-getting my 10 km time for running below 40 min
-finding out if a goal of marathon-running at ~3:30-4 h while still reaching my weight goal is possible

For weight training I am a fan of bodyweight training because I don't want to be a bodybuilder and I think bodyweight training is more than enough to reach my weight goal. I now train 3x a week muay thai, 3x bodyweight training and do running almost every day with 1x speedwork a week and 1x circuit a week. I do stretching for 30 min after each training as I see that many of the thai guys in my gym are waaaaaaaaay more flexible.

Best regards!
Logic

Re: Logic

Postby loveliberate » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:02 am

Hello & Welcome Logic! :)
What part(s) of the world do you base yourself out of &/or call home?
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby Logic » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:17 am

For the next months the russian federation, but normally germany. :)
Logic

Postby hakko » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi and welcome! If you've done long distance training for 17 years and aim for sub 40 for the 10km, I'm sure 3:30-4:00 is completely within reach. I'd say 3:15 if you're already running once per day? Do you have a particular race in mind already? Anyway, good luck with your goals!
hakko

Postby Logic » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:04 pm

I would like to do a smaller one, I have not decided which. = ) I already have made up my plan on how to train for such an event. At home I used to run 6x a week, here in Russia 4-6 times.
Thanks for your estimation of the possible time regarding marathon, much appreciated! :)

Thanks a lot! =)
Logic

Postby Knight of Albion » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:30 pm

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Logic.
All this talk of religion but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.
http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Knight of Albion

Return to New member introductions