Hi Everyone!

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Hi Everyone!

Postby Ranthael » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Greetings!

Glad to be here. I would like to first thank you for letting me be a part of your community.

I am a former boxing and thai boxing trainer. And a recreational boxer. Nowadays, I'm a freelancer who is stuck at home and I rarely exit my house. Was a passionate smoker as well a few years back. Furthermore, I have gained some weight and I have been rethinking my ways on exercise and dieting. I have seen some diets, a lot. Honestly never been on one. But I did want to "try" being a vegan a long time ago. My reason is, mostly I adore animals. I don't think me being a vegan would change the fact how they're treated, but I think it's a start.

To cut it short, I am a newly born vegan. I am having some difficulties adding exercise to this diet (no offense in me using the word diet, I know it's a way of life). I'd gladly accept any advices comming my way. Either for what food to eat (mainly filled with proteins) to which supplements you think are best.

And to promote my favorite sport, did you know boxing is one of the biggest calorie burning sports there is:P
If Timothy Bradley can do it, we all can
Yumbles
Ranthael

Re: Hi Everyone!

Postby ORLYLOL » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:25 pm

Welcome! I did thai boxing for about a year before I got really into lifting. Loads of fun and a tough workout
"There is much that is difficult for the spirit, the strong, reverent spirit that would bear much: but the difficult and the most difficult are what its strength demands." - Nietzsche

"In all seriousness a beard will add 100 lbs. to your total instantly." - Brandon Lilly

http://veganforklift.blogspot.com/
ORLYLOL

Postby loveliberate » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:44 am

Hello & Welcome! What part(s) of the world do you base yourself out of &/or call home?
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby hakko » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:15 pm

Welcome to the forum, Ranthael!
hakko

Postby Knight of Albion » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:29 pm

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Ranthael.
All this talk of religion but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.
http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Knight of Albion

Postby israel » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:56 pm

[quote] I don't think me being a vegan would change the fact how they're treated, but I think it's a start.

it does change a lot - its hard to explain i started to write but deleted it - cause i cant explain it well

but in general - you do make a difference in many small reasons - not only you dont buy meat for example you also buy products that dont contain meat and by that you help them lower the price and the store puts the products in more viewable area - and the meats slowly get less "good space" - the meat company need to put more money on commercials for more impact - when people hear your vegan they want to become vegan to - especially if your athletic - but even if your fat or skinny still every vegan just makes the movment more mainstream - and many many other small reasons why this does make an impact - i read in a few places (dont remember where) that global consumption of animal products are on the decline - when people stop eating animal products - they get less attractive (more expensive,more controversial) - and this causes more people to go vegan - its a nice circle

slowly it changes from being a vegan - being a statement to eating meat being a statement - once you had to explain what is a vegan today much less -

of course even if it wouldn't have any effect i would still be vegan (when i started i thought it dosnt make a big change -i thought there are 10 vegans in the world lol) like you wouldnt steal some money from a rich person cause you think it wont make much difference - or not donate a dollar to charity cause its to little

by the way nothing wrong with seeing veganism as a diet also

bla bla bla - anyway welcome to the forum :D
israel

Return to New member introductions