Postby rager » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:39 am

height: 181cm
bw: 82-84kg 10-11%bfp
bench: 110kg
deadlift: 170kg
squat: 170kg
vegan since: 1,5years

not a powerlifter though, but heavy training included :D
also doing endurance/running sports, but not "competitive" yet. Some training-results (not maxed out): 5k: 20:45, 10k: 44:56, 21,1k: 1:44h. escpacially the last one was just 78-80% of hfmax :D I think <1:40h is possible, but I wasn't keeping up my endurance Training for several month now so as to focus on strength. But now I will do at least 2 endurance units per week and 4 strength units. It's very difficult to fit all this into ur week, especially when ur a person, which likes to go to his physicall limits all the time. Ur body just cannot sadly, but I love it to be so exhausted, that u can hardly walk after training. I can't help myself with that :mrgreen:

After achieving relatively short goals in strength, namely 125kg bench, each 200kg deadlift and squat (I just love squats most and my legs are the most powerful muscles), I will concentrate on endurance sports with the goals 5k: <20 10k: <43:30 21,1k <1:35h. That's the plan for this year :mrgreen: But I am scepticall whether I can achieve all these goals or not, but I'm optimisstic. Nothing means so much to me than Sports do at least for now.

OK, that was my introduction! Just Sports, but dunno what to say/write else. :D Seeya
rager

Re: rager

Postby kallefs » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Nice intro and welcome! That is some pretty nice goals you have set up, hopefully you will reach at least some of them :)
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby loveliberate » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Hallo und Willkommen! :D
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby rager » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:10 pm

thanks you both!

Yeah, in a few weeks I'm going to train in a gym regularly first time. I had quite a few Trainings on trial and at a friends place, but at my home I just have no Squat Cage and just a teenagers Bench .
I think I will train more regularly, harder and more efficient in a studio, cause it's giving me so much structure. I am very performance-capable on external structures, that a gym is giving me. So I'm very optimistic towards my goals. :)

Oh and yeah I'm trainig for 2 years ambitious now. Before that I did sports from time to time. I was in a gym first when I was 15years old and after a few weeks my benchpress was up to 70kg allready. So Strength is just in my blood :mrgreen: (right after I was born I was flexing my whole body allready my mother said. :D Strain and endeavour is just my thing. :twisted: But sometimes it's just lacking of structure but also relaxation oc. That's my hugest problem. I want just to much and I am confused so hard sometimes xD Oh and sometimes I'm doing to much coffeine :shock:. But no worrys! You see, I'm doing quite good right now anyways! :D

Therefore when I'm going to focus an endurance again, I will also do "strength-/muscular endurance" (choose what's the right term for that :P). I love kickboxing and circle training for a great power capability, fitness and for sweating to death xD BUT one thing after the other. :mrgreen:

@loveliberate: I just saw "hiking" is one of ur interests. I'm going to hike/treck in germany's "Eifel" again in a few weeks MAYBE. Just beholding how the training is going. That's first priority right now.
rager

Postby rager » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:58 am

Hi!

So, "quick" update. I had that strength goals but I didn't do any powerlifting at all :D maybe the last weeks. But my focus was gaining as much muscle mass as possible and I did it! I want to prove to myself that I am able to gain 1kilogramm muscle mass per month, that's what science says is naturally possible at max. my bodyweight at beginning of this year (so for my first post) was 82kg @13% bfp, then 6 month later I weighed 93kg @15% bfp. So I gained ~3,5 kilograms of fat, but I guess also 1kg of water and carbohydrate-storage and maybe 0,5-1kg more content in the guts. But it's round about 6 kilograms muscle gain in 6 months yay! I was measuring the bfp with a caliper.
But I must add I kinda have perfect genetics for this sports... very wide body frame (for having a V-form I must train my lats and shoulder to the max :D) and I'm absolute a sprinter type, so my muscle-fiber segmentation is very good, too.

So I was just training for mass. I wanted to proof to myself also that It's absolutely possible for a vegan to gain maximum muscle mass per time. So what are my strength values anyway? I reached the deadlift allready with 210kilograms (did powerlifting the last 4-5 weeks for that), did work out legs/squats only 10-15 times this year :D I was kinda satisfied with 170kilogramms already. Now I'm at 180KGs. Benchpress is at 120KGs.
If I was doning powerlifting I guess I would've reach these goals for sure but I'm kinda satisfied for this year and for mass and strength.

So I'm running for 3 weeks now after1month of absolute chaos, learning for exam and lots of other stuff was happening, where I didn't progress at all ;) I was rerunning my 1:45h halfmarathon in training allready :D weighing 89-90KGs atm lol. That's cool because I was just running 0,67x to 1x a week all up to september this year xD and my pulse was at 83% hfmax instead of 79% hfmax last year and there I was weighing 8KGs less xD So somehow I could preserve my endurance lol. BUT! I'm eating way better now. I'm eating highcarb and 70% raw foods! My regeneration and endurance is much(!) better by eating so :) no coffein in such anymore also :)
My goal is just tu run a Half-marathon in 1:35h this year. The 10k and 5k are not that important anymore. And then I'm highly self-fulfilled with myself for this year :)

But I can do better! My nutrition wasn't very good when I was building mass. I got all nutrients yeah but i often ate chips, chocolate, canned stuff and fast food basically... So I think I can build up that muscles without gaining that fat when I eat 100% clean. And for power lifting I think highcarb could provide better results, too, having high energy to output that power!

So my plan from now on is 8month endurance (as much as possible!) + strength endurance and 4month powerlifting. Every year! Also I want to reduce my bodyweight to 84kg @8% bfp and not going up with the bfp much when doing the powerlifting cycle. I will stop powerlifting when I reach 90kgs @8%bfp which should take me several years because the training is not focused on mass gains at all. But after that I will only do strength endurance for the weights - besides endurance - hopefully preserving that muscles by that activity. I read about anabolic rebound and when ur doing a strict diet to 6% bfp u will loose some muscles, too but the muscles u still have will stay life long O_O that's very interesting and indeed I know a person which did hard work as a child all day long, having low bfp, is now 45y old not doing any strength training still having an impressive biceps for a woman O_O

Als there is muscle memory. I hope for that when I'm not hitting heavy weight for 8months every year, just doing medium weight 2-3 times a week for 12-20reps to have overall muscle activity.
The ways I'm going are hard. Because so I can't focus maximum on one sport at all. Beeing that flexible is kinda hard sometimes, but I want to be flexible and firm at the same time developing a general athletic powerful body and mind. I choose endurance over strength training, because thanks to my genetics I'm so heavy already and kinda strong... But another important reason is that the strength training was alla bout regeneration and not doing too much to not to overload the central nervous system... But I want to strain myself as hard as possible and push my limits as often as possible. Best things for that are strength endurace and endurance in my opinion.
BUT I also want to reach overall strength goals 300kg deadlift, 270kg squat, 180kg bench raw. But also have some bodybuilding goals. Only doing aesthetic bodybuilding (instead of genetic bb) from this point because I have the basic mass. But Powerlifting would be the main goal by training with weights. So I hope my 8/4month cycle with anabolic rebound and muscle memory will work ^^

My general plan is just to train as much as hard as possible. G-Flux. Taking in this 4000-5000kcal a day and burn even more! Mainly by after burn effects from high muscle tone (myotonus). There is a raw vegan runner ("The Fruitarian") weighing 55KGs whose caloric intake is even 6000kcal/day (all natural I guess) O_O running a 100mile race and the day after breaking his marathon personal best (2:30h) xD.
So basically I just want to go crazy :) but I'm not sure if my plans are possible and effective. I have to test it out and adjust them by doing! O yeah my endurance goal for half marathon overall is ~1:22h ( basically be as fast as possible with a high bodyweight ^^). I don't now how many years I have to train for it. maybe just 3 times 8month. Maybe in 3 years I reached all my goals. But I don't think so at all even that I am highly motivated and disciplined (in sports and everything which belongs to that complex).
But even when I need 5-10years, what's after that? I think then I will start martial arts, athletic sports (sprints and jumps for example), preserving my endurance and strength, building more strength endurance and yeah enjoying life at this point concentrating more on mental, intellectual and spiritual stuff. I just hate doing just one thing. that's extremly boring to me but I want to be as good as possible in everything I do either.

I love smithing plans :D Now the training :) seeya!
rager

Postby XindestructibleX » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:51 am

Probably appropriate decision skipping the caffeine.
INDESTRUCTIBLE
XindestructibleX

Postby Logic » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:41 am

Hey rager! = )

Sounds really great what you write! I'm curious, what is your current training program for your running (as detailed as possible ;) ), how often have you speedwork and circuit/drills incorporated?

Best regards + respect,

logic
Logic

Postby mo! » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:32 pm

http://veganstrength.users-board.com/t2 ... d-ausdauer

he´s logging over there more consitently ;)
mo!

Postby Logic » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:53 am

Thank you a lot, that helps! :)

I'm trying to find out if my goals in muay thai boxing, running and moderate muscle building (+4 kg from 80 kg on 192 cm) are reasonable, and rager seems to have similar goals to a certain degree.
Logic

Postby Knight of Albion » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:31 pm

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Rager.
All this talk of religion but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.
http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Knight of Albion

Return to New member introductions