Hello from Canada !

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Hello from Canada !

Postby Silvermoon » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi there !

My name is Genevieve, i'm 22 and i'm from Quebec, Canada which explain my french name lol. I've been vegetarian for 2 year and gradually moving to vegan !

I've always been active but I recently suscribed to the gym :D My coach told me that my fat percentage is 22 and should be arount 15% so I need to loose 8-10 pounds (I'm 5p9 142 pound). Of course my coach is not vegetarian :roll: so I need a little help in nutrition ! I have good knowledge about general nutrition but I don't really know what I should eat/not eat for fat loss.

My coach also told me that my bad oestrogene level is too high and that explains why I have stubborn fat around my waist and thight, but I can regulate that with a good diet --> eat less carbs and less soya (because of phytoestrogene and stuff, you know the deal !...). If one of you can give me a little more information about that I would really apreciate it ! I really don't know what to think about those bad oestrogen theories, and the studies i've read about soya are pretty much contradictory.... :?

Right know I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. I eat a lot of veggies and fruits, and my snacks are mainly vegan protein shake or protein bar. If you have good-yet-simple-high-protein-vegan recipes feel free to share !

Thanks in advance ! :mrgreen:
Silvermoon

Re: Hello from Canada !

Postby hardcore iv » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:20 am

Welcome to VF. :)

Don't worry about soy. The whole oestrogen thing is basically not true. Stick to low GI meals and have protein and good fats at every meal (e.g Beans, nuts and seeds) and maybe ditch the snacks and try to have only 3 solid meals and a post workout shake. These are just ideas and may not work for you so feel free to ignore them :)

Simple to make meals could be mashed beans and ground nuts/nut butter patties. Bake them and store in the freezer and heat up when needed. Play around with different types of beans and nuts.
"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
hardcore iv

Postby Silvermoon » Tue May 01, 2012 2:15 pm

Thank you I appreciate it ! :)
Silvermoon

Postby loveliberate » Fri May 18, 2012 12:28 am

Bonjour et bienvenue Genevieve!

I thought that I had responded to this post already but I guess not... Anyway, I visited Montreal & Quebec City a couple of summer back - I'd love to visit again sometime! :D
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.corneredcat.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Return to New member introductions