Never Introduced Myself

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Never Introduced Myself

Postby big-green » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:39 am

How rude :oops:
My name is Jessie, I've been working out for quite a long time now. I would just go through periods of rotator cuff pain and would have to stop for a couple months (no matter how long of a break I took, or strengthened my RC) it never healed properly.
My mom has always been the spiritual one and has been vegan for the past couple years, she's recently turned me on to it.
I had to make a loooot of changes in my diet, my #1 is cutting back on dairy. My favorite food is pizza, and I would drink whey protein powder all the time as it would be me awesome results. I've changed to a couple vegan protein powders, found some that worked really well for me.
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”
-Arnold Schwarzenegger
protein I like http://bestproteinpowderreviews.com/best-vegan-protein-powder
big-green

Re: Never Introduced Myself

Postby loveliberate » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:33 am

Hello & Welcome Jessie! Yay for vegan mama's! :D
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.corneredcat.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby Lordmuppet » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:26 am

hi big-green welcome! :D

I presume you've been to a physio about the rotator cuff?
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby xrodolfox » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:01 am

Welcome!
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby big-green » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:18 pm

Lordmuppet wrote:hi big-green welcome! :D

Nope, I did broomstick stretches, and it's finally starting to really heal my rotator cuff. I'll make a thread about it soon on how to do them because I really think it could help a lot of people. Bad rotator cuffs run in my family :-( my dad has always suffered from it.

Thanks for the replies guys!
-Arnold Schwarzenegger
big-green

Postby Lordmuppet » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:30 pm

big-green wrote:

Nope, I did broomstick stretches, and it's finally starting to really heal my rotator cuff. I'll make a thread about it soon on how to do them because I really think it could help a lot of people. Bad rotator cuffs run in my family :-( my dad has always suffered from it.

sounds good. I have a right shoulder issue just now that isn't fully fixed so I've started doing this

http://www.dieselcrew.com/5-minute-shoulder-mobility-warm-up-shoulder-rehab-exercises

amongst some other stuff
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby wannalift » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:06 am

big-green wrote:

I had the same experience. I got it diagnosed with MRI and it turned out I don't have enough space at the top of my shoulder joint so it makes it easy to get my rotator cuff inflamed. I now do the shoulder dislocations with a broomstick everyday and it has made all the difference. Here is a description that I read from DC and a video:

How to cure shoulder problems (Trust me this will do it 90% of the time). With a large towel or broomstick I want you to hold it with straight arms for the entire time of what i describe in the following movement--a large "rolled up like a rope" beach towel works good but honestly a longer broomstick (without the bristles) works best in my opinion. Start out with it with a really wide grip (with straight arms) in front of you (on your quads) and with straight arms bring it up and overhead and then down and back to the middle of your back--STRAIGHT ARMS ALL THE WAY--this is going to be very difficult and hard the first couple times out and then will be "old hat" with time---- and its going to be painful in a stretching pump kind of way---i want 50 reps each time you do this--one repetition is from in front of your face (all with straight arms) to up overhead and back, and then down all the way to the middle of your back and then back up overhead to in front of your face again (again all with straight arms)--the important part of the movement is the area overhead that is really tight--do all of this carefully/slowly---dont just whip it over and back---if your hand is slipping off the broomstick even with the widest grip, or you cant bring your arms over straight and the start bending on you, you have some serious shoulder inflexibility and need to work this hard and get up to speed (or you could just need a longer broomstick too)--again do all of these revolutions controlled and carefully--push into the stretch as you go along toward the 50 revolutions, your chest will be pushing outward and your shoulders rolling back-- your shoulders are going to blow up with so much blood its going to be incredibly painfull pumpwise--Do this once a day at nite as many times a week as you can--- sometimes I have people do it every single day---but every time you do it try to move your grip inward (thats the key)----its going to be very hard to do but try your best to move your grip inward for the next 2-4 weeks and your range of motion with shoulders will increase dramatically and any impingement and the majority of other problems should be gone in 2 weeks--also try to move your grip in as you are doing the 50 revolutions--start off with a stretching but relatively easy 10 to warm up some, then try to move your grip in even by a centimeter if you can for the next 20 revolutions and then at 30 try to move the grip in another centimeter--really try to push what you can do stretchwise once your warmed up here--trust me this sounds easy but your going to be muttering "fuck you dante" after you get to your 25th revolution--Ive cured too many shoulder problems with this simple movement now its pretty ridiculous, and this and a menthol rub applied liberally daily and before sleep has cured alot of shoulder/bicepital tendonitis in trainees -but remember the broomstick goes overhead and all the way back to the middle of the back (he just drew the start of the movement when you begin)

Are you doing enough to be the best?
wannalift

Postby big-green » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:19 am

wannalift wrote:
big-green wrote:

I had the same experience. I got it diagnosed with MRI and it turned out I don't have enough space at the top of my shoulder joint so it makes it easy to get my rotator cuff inflamed. I now do the shoulder dislocations with a broomstick everyday and it has made all the difference. Here is a description that I read from DC and a video:

How to cure shoulder problems (Trust me this will do it 90% of the time). With a large towel or broomstick I want you to hold it with straight arms for the entire time of what i describe in the following movement--a large "rolled up like a rope" beach towel works good but honestly a longer broomstick (without the bristles) works best in my opinion. Start out with it with a really wide grip (with straight arms) in front of you (on your quads) and with straight arms bring it up and overhead and then down and back to the middle of your back--STRAIGHT ARMS ALL THE WAY--this is going to be very difficult and hard the first couple times out and then will be "old hat" with time---- and its going to be painful in a stretching pump kind of way---i want 50 reps each time you do this--one repetition is from in front of your face (all with straight arms) to up overhead and back, and then down all the way to the middle of your back and then back up overhead to in front of your face again (again all with straight arms)--the important part of the movement is the area overhead that is really tight--do all of this carefully/slowly---dont just whip it over and back---if your hand is slipping off the broomstick even with the widest grip, or you cant bring your arms over straight and the start bending on you, you have some serious shoulder inflexibility and need to work this hard and get up to speed (or you could just need a longer broomstick too)--again do all of these revolutions controlled and carefully--push into the stretch as you go along toward the 50 revolutions, your chest will be pushing outward and your shoulders rolling back-- your shoulders are going to blow up with so much blood its going to be incredibly painfull pumpwise--Do this once a day at nite as many times a week as you can--- sometimes I have people do it every single day---but every time you do it try to move your grip inward (thats the key)----its going to be very hard to do but try your best to move your grip inward for the next 2-4 weeks and your range of motion with shoulders will increase dramatically and any impingement and the majority of other problems should be gone in 2 weeks--also try to move your grip in as you are doing the 50 revolutions--start off with a stretching but relatively easy 10 to warm up some, then try to move your grip in even by a centimeter if you can for the next 20 revolutions and then at 30 try to move the grip in another centimeter--really try to push what you can do stretchwise once your warmed up here--trust me this sounds easy but your going to be muttering "fuck you dante" after you get to your 25th revolution--Ive cured too many shoulder problems with this simple movement now its pretty ridiculous, and this and a menthol rub applied liberally daily and before sleep has cured alot of shoulder/bicepital tendonitis in trainees -but remember the broomstick goes overhead and all the way back to the middle of the back (he just drew the start of the movement when you begin)

Dude, absolutely love that post!
-Arnold Schwarzenegger
big-green

Return to New member introductions