n00b from kentucky (united states)

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

n00b from kentucky (united states)

Postby mariogirl » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Hey everyone! I am a newbie to cycling, weight training, AND veganism, and I thought that I'd join this superawesome site. I've been strict vegetarian (dietary vegan) for around 3 months and am still in the process of researching and attempting nonfood-related veganism. I've been a sort of health nut since getting into general fitness around a year ago and am loving the effect nutrition and fitness have had on my body. Before getting into nutrition and fitness, I had very bad anxiety (panic disorder for 6 years, I am 19 currently) and was looking for a way to enjoy life without so much fear. I fell in love with the effects exercise (especially) and healthy eating had on my body and have been sort of obsessed ever since. After going strict vegetarian, I noticed an even greater decrease in my anxiety levels (I still had a lot of issues whilst health-omnivore) and have had a huge increase in excitement for life. Also, I have not gotten sick since going strict vegetarian, which is a big step because I was very used to getting sick enough to go to the doc 1-2 times per semester. I am hoping this can even further my fitness level as I do not have to lose progress from sickness recovery.

I've recently gotten into cycling (about two months ago) and weighttraining (around 6 months ago). I've been creeping this site ever since becoming dietary vegan and finally got around to making an account. :] I am here because I have a lot of questions and simply enjoy talking about nutrition and fitness, so hello all!
mariogirl

Re: n00b from kentucky (united states)

Postby Linnéa76 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:28 pm

Welcome mariogirl! I rather envy you for discovering veganism and training at such a young age.
You have great possibilities to build a good foundation for your future health!
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby dublin dave » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Welcome... 8)
dublin dave

Postby vegan hal » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:09 pm

welcome from Virginia! you'll dig this place.
vegan hal

Return to New member introductions