Without action Veganfitness shuts down in 9 months

If you are a new user, please see the "About Vegan Fitness" article here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, stateofflux, bronco, veganfitness

Re: Without action Veganfitness shuts down in 9 months

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi again folks,

Okay just wanted to make it clear that I'm not going to be able to be around to chase up donations for VF so someone else is going to have to step up for that.

I'll be working on getting money for GVA but, again to be clear, if GVA doesn't get it's money and VF does not come up with its money VF goes dark.

It's not a huge job. Basically just keep an eye on how much money there is and persuade people here to donate.

Those of you who have me on fb that's a good way to get hold of me, though i'll check in here from time to time.
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby soniczip » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:16 pm

[quote="blinki"][quote="Lordmuppet"]Also this is what was decided on funding previously

"FUNDING MODEL: Proposal is that the site will forgo any sponsorship/advertising and will fund itself entirely from grants and member donations. Proposal includes an exception for google ads. Proposal allows that other exceptions (e.g. maybe youtube) could be added by consensus later. The primary orientation of the funding model shall be for grants/member donations. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24545"

I'd think GVA could be missing an opportunity on something like a vegan glove maker on the fighter page. Don't think anyone would want to sponsor VF though. I'd not see it as a deal breaker if there's regular donor development but like I said before, grants aren't a sustainable option for something so niche.

hello.

i would!

please forgive my lack of understanding here. i am vegan and run a business which cannot be considered "vegan" per se (translation agency), but it isn't "not vegan" either. i can afford a €200,00 advertising campaign on vf (just a logo and short description) ... every year! the thing is, regardless the outcome of my campaign, i can fiscally detract that money.

it would be a pity to lose vf. shame on me that i don't visit more often and don't contribute with posts like in past years. i can fix that, but please, let's rethink the funding model.
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby loveliberate » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:14 pm

Thanks Sonic! :-)
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:16 am

[quote="silver"]Set me up the permissions I need and I'll take on verifying users straight away.

Okay so the proposal for you to get the permission and start verifying users passed (unsurprisingly). Talyn will get you set up
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:21 am

[quote="soniczip"][quote="blinki"][quote="Lordmuppet"]Also this is what was decided on funding previously

"FUNDING MODEL: Proposal is that the site will forgo any sponsorship/advertising and will fund itself entirely from grants and member donations. Proposal includes an exception for google ads. Proposal allows that other exceptions (e.g. maybe youtube) could be added by consensus later. The primary orientation of the funding model shall be for grants/member donations. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24545"

I'd think GVA could be missing an opportunity on something like a vegan glove maker on the fighter page. Don't think anyone would want to sponsor VF though. I'd not see it as a deal breaker if there's regular donor development but like I said before, grants aren't a sustainable option for something so niche.

hello.

i would!

please forgive my lack of understanding here. i am vegan and run a business which cannot be considered "vegan" per se (translation agency), but it isn't "not vegan" either. i can afford a €200,00 advertising campaign on vf (just a logo and short description) ... every year! the thing is, regardless the outcome of my campaign, i can fiscally detract that money.

it would be a pity to lose vf. shame on me that i don't visit more often and don't contribute with posts like in past years. i can fix that, but please, let's rethink the funding model.

Sounds awesome man. I'll put in another proposal today to allow sponsorship. As with all proposals, if no one objects within a week it passes and we can start talking nuts and bolts.
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat May 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Okay that's the proposal passed so if you want to send me a logo, link, description etc over to contact[at]greatveganathletes.com I'll try to put it up on the site.

When you're happy with the setup we can talk payment.

You're also welcome to however many posts you want on the VF facebook and VF Twitter. When everything is settled I'll be posting out an announcement about the sponsorship for some added publicity.
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby soniczip » Mon May 04, 2015 3:01 pm

Great! I'll send you an email tomorrow morning :D
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby Linnéa76 » Mon May 11, 2015 5:54 am

-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby Lordmuppet » Mon May 11, 2015 12:01 pm

just to confirm i got it. Last weekend was brutal but it's top three on my to do list for VF/GVA
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Lordmuppet » Sun May 17, 2015 3:27 pm

Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby muchluv » Mon May 25, 2015 5:17 pm

What's the sitch on all this currently? We can't have VF closing :(
Although the effeminate nature of my username may suggest otherwise, my gender actually falls into the male category.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby Lordmuppet » Tue May 26, 2015 8:35 am

yeah it's under control. Just some technical bs with getting the sponsor images up.

edited to say i'm assuming Silver is now doing the activations
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby loveliberate » Wed May 27, 2015 12:18 am

It also seems like the forum has been a tad bit less sleepy over the last couple of weeks - hopefully it will really get going strong again! Personally, I'd love to hear more about what folks are doing as well as upcoming events - even better if VF folks are gathering to make cool stuff happen! :-)
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby silver » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:29 pm

I haven't noticed any extra powers in the forums and no-one has informed me of changes, so I don't think I have access yet.
Let me know if I'm wrong.
It's not what you do occasionally that makes a difference, it's that which you do everyday that brings progress.

http://www.thesilverman.co.uk

Strava-https://www.strava.com/athletes/2077466
silver
User Activation Admin

Postby Lordmuppet » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:27 pm

[quote="silver"]I haven't noticed any extra powers in the forums and no-one has informed me of changes, so I don't think I have access yet.
Let me know if I'm wrong.

Okay that's the image problem with the sponsor sorted.

I'll remind Talyn to set you up but after that it's between you and him I'm afraid.
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to About Vegan Fitness