Sports wash

New vegan products out there? Queries about products, ingredients, vegan supplements?

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Sports wash

Postby mouche » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:02 pm

Couldn't find an existing thread on this, correct me if I'm wrong.

Does anybody use a vegan sports-specific wash that works?

Since I have started grappling my sports clothes have started to permanently smell and I can foresee it becoming quite expensive to renew all my gear every few months. After training I take my clothes home, dry them so they don't sit around damp until my next washload, then wash them once a week. My everyday clothes don't smell, and my gym gear that doesn't get worn for grappling also doesn't smell, and some of it is a lot older.

I know people who swear by sport-specific laundry detergents, I tried one and didn't find it made much of a difference but guess it would only be noticeable with new clothes and in the long-term. But before I spend lots of money on sports wash, I wanted to know if anyone had had a good experience using any.

I'm happy to pay more for something that actually works. I can foresee a lot of answers saying not to bother, etc, but I spent months using supermarket value options, and when I switched to branded products I noticed my clothes already started smelling better even by the end of the session, so I do believe it makes a difference. Any advice would be welcome.
mouche

Re: Sports wash

Postby fredrikw » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:09 pm

Use concentrated vinegar (don't know the english word for it, but it's not the kind you sprinkle on salad but a more concentrated variant), either pour directly in the washing machine before washing, or let the clothes soak in the sink in water with some of it poured into.
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby mouche » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:18 pm

Aha think I found what you are talking about: http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_7404281_use-w ... undry.html

Will try that, thanks fredrikw!
mouche

Postby kallefs » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:04 am

You can also rinse the clothes in cold water as soon as you get home from training and then hang them up to dry. It helps a bit.
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby skoptic » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:57 pm

My wife will be watching this thread with interest! I've been working hard on that smell for years.. ;)
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby mouche » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:16 pm

skoptic wrote:My wife will be watching this thread with interest! I've been working hard on that smell for years.. ;)

HA love it :lol: I wouldn't mind so much if it was my hard-earned smell, it's the fact that it's other people's that bothers me!

kallefs - thanks for your suggestion, I am normally much too rushed/lazy when I get home in the evenings but I'm sure I can find time to give it a quick and violent rinse at the gym, and I already wash my protein shaker in the shower so it's not like I have a reputation to uphold.
mouche

Return to Vegan Products and Supplements